Friday, January 12, 2007

Pharisees roam cloaked

Pharisees and Sadducees roam the earth once again. They cloak themselves with the cloth of Christ, yet they judge and condemn others like we were a plague. Even the older parishioners seem to judge and look down on others as if to say they are sinless.

However, aren’t we all sinners in the eyes of God, do we not all share in His mercy if we repent and have faith in Jesus? I know, and believe me; I do know that I am far from being a saint. However, Jesus knows my soul. Jesus knows my love for Him. He knows my soul to have a faith in Him that is uncompromising. He is embedded in my life. I do make mistakes at times; I will never pretend or put on the façade of being someone without doing wrong. But, isn’t that the reason why Jesus was sent to earth? Was He not sent to this planet to redeem our sins and wrong doings? And isn’t it our church leaders to give us that gentle nudge and guide us in the right direction when we do wrong?

At times, I feel like instead of that spiritual guidance that we need, our church officials and elders look down on us, push us aside, and judge us. It almost seems that their hearts have hardened through the years. And by no means am I saying all our leaders and elders are like this. Because I personally know many that are good and honestly do God’s work. Just a few are like that. But that select few is what sways our youth away from the church. It is that select few that tarnishes the reputation of our existence. Then again, I do not know their life story to why they seem or act this way. So with that being said, I will pray for them to loosen their work load of a hardened heart.

Our younger parents and youth need positive guidance, help, and role models. They need the love of God in their lives. They need the mentoring of wise elders of faith. Where are the men to do this? Where are the men of compassion, strength, and mercy? Instead of being hard and walking away from us sinners, show us love and guidance. Teach us the way!

However, I must say, my parish recently was blessed with a new full time priest. I believe he is genuine and will do our people justice. He reminds me of an old soul that I miss very much that was genuine, sincere, compassionate, and most of all helping others turn back to God. I would like anybody who reads this entry to pray for my parish’s new pastor to guide us proper and revive our parish to what it once was, people uniting in Christ and full of life.

No comments: