Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Perseverance through Persecution

Father, you are just and merciful
Thank you for punishing my radical behavior
I need cleansing
My soul is tainted from the ways of the world
I seek your wisdom
For guidance and grace
Fallen I have every now and then
Please Father, I need you, pick me up again
Show me how to walk for you
I patiently wait your instruction
Whatever your will is for me, so be it
You know my needs though
And time is ticking
I know you will take care of me
You always have in my time of need
I have been humbled once again Father
Why do the people that claim to love you
And have faith in you persecute me
You gave me mercy, yet they judge me
Your Son says that I am forgiven
Why then do they not forgive
Much like the Pharisees and Sadducees
Of yesteryear
A new group of those old ways have re-appeared
They cloak themselves with your cloth
And act as if they are “holier than thou”
Like they can do no wrong
Greeting the “accomplished”
But looking down on the “others”
Am I just being bitter Lord
Or is the time at hand

D. Thomas
1/07

No comments: