Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blue Soul


As a youth, laying in bed, I always prayed
‘Lord, have mercy,’ thinking, why did You have to curse me?
Why me?  Was it really necessary?
Not She!
The one that was always there for me, took care of me,
Truly loved me for me
Dammit!  I would give my life for thee
Take it away and give it to me
While rivers of sadness flows through my eyes
I didn’t realize it was a blessing in disguise
That I could not see
He already planned out my “destiny”
The crossroads He chose for me
Is it going to be Hell or Blessed Eternity
All I can do is wait and see
In the mean time, I’m stuck in correction of facilities
Praying “Jesus, forgive me”
By the way Nurturing Begetter, I’m sorry
Never in your wildest dreams, not for one second had you 
Thought that this would happen to me
After all the struggling, suffering, and fighting you did for me
Not to mention all the positive and good examples that you set for me
I can’t believe I let the ‘evils’ get the best of me
But when I get out, I’ll be the man I was meant to be
Damn!  How much it hurt me to see you in agony
And to realize that this test was meant for me
I’m sorry you went through the pain and not me
So when the Son of Man’s light shines from the sky
And He walks the Earth to bless His children
We will be blessed
100 billion fold more times than gold
Mom, thank you for being my mom 
I could never imagine anyone in your place
And wouldn’t have it any other way
You are the nucleus of my soul
That is why my heart shines like pure gold

Dennis Thomas
1/98

No comments: