Friday, November 10, 2006

Hello people! Welcome to my blog. The title of this blog is "Footprints" There have been times in my life where I felt that hopeless and alone. It was at those times that I was given the strength and will to succeed even more through my faith in God and His grace! My first blog was titled "Blue Soul." I wrote that piece when I was twenty years old and in incarceration. At the age of 12 years old my mother was diagnosed with cancer and only given five years to live, max. I never had my father in my life. So it was only natural to be a misfit. (I mean, come on, how do you think a child will turn out with no father in his life and his mother on her death bed.) However, I always had faith in Jesus and God the Father. When other boys and girls my age had questions and/or needed advice they would turn to their fathers. Well, I didn't have that opportnity, so I guess that's why when I needed advice or help I always prayed to my God. That was the only father figure I have ever known. When I was fourteen I was so depressed, for my mother was so deathly ill, that I don't remember a day passing by where I didn't cry to my Lord for help and to heal my mother's body. I guess that is why I tried smoking weed. Right after that I realized I needed(or thought) money to live and supply my weed habit and started to sell the drug. One thing led to another and three years later I was arrested for selling drugs. Throughout that time, even at my lowest points, I always prayed to God and I never questioned my faith, for I knew He was always with me. I just chose to do wrong when I should have done right. I felt so hopeless and alone that I buried my pain with weed and sold drugs to pay for it. By no means am I making excuses. I was wrong and should have went to prison. After going through trial for two years, and had many chances to avoid prison by getting a job, I finally pleaded guilty and did my time. November 6, 1996 is a day in my life I pray that I will never forget. That is the day I started my sentence and rightfully so. That was my reality check that was most definetely needed. I thank God for that time in my life. The time I spent in prison was mostly consumed by push-ups and reading. I read the New Testement about fifteen times front to back, Mathew to Revelations, in a few different versions(N.I.V, The Contemporary, Free on the Inside, The New American). No Joke! I also read most of the Old Testement as well. I never finished The Old Testement but read most of that part of the Holy Bible. The New Testement and the teachings of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was my hand book on how to be a man and Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. During my time in prison I also wrote alot and had much time to think of my life and where I wanted to be present and future. Those writings will be posted as well as new ones periodically. So please check out my blogspot often. This is my soul spilled out on paper. I pray that my writings, prayers, and anything else for that matter on my page will somehow help out another. Feel free to e-mail me with comments and questions. Enjoy and may you go in peace!

No comments: